1. Besides cabbage, what are other fermented foods I can make?
2. What are the health benefits to eating fermented food?
3. What equipment do I need to ferment food?
4. Is there a likely risk that I can poison myself if I do not use clean enough equipment during the fermentation process?
5. How long does fermentation take for a variety of foods?
6. What are the ingredients necessary for fermenting food and which recipe do I like the best?
7. Is the food I ferment good enough for others to eat?
8. How can the fermented food I make enhance my current diet? (i.e. what will it go well with?)
9. How long does fermented food keep before it spoils?
10. Is fermenting food a multi-step process and does it require advanced culinary skills?
A successful 20% project will entail a variety of tasty and edible fermented foods. Success would also be incorporating these fermented foods into my regular diet to benefit my health! I enjoy cooking, so there is an element of play and making in my project. There is also an opportunity of failure: disgusting food that I will never eat. Wish me luck!